Re: [squid-users] squid? can it cahe udp request???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:32:49 +0200

ICP queries are always direct beetween caches. They are never forwarded.

If Squid has the object in it's cache ICP will report a hit.

My guess is that you are never sending any requests to your other
caches, only querying them using ICP to see if they have any data in
their caches (which they do not).

Note: a sibling relation will only be used if the sibling reports that
it already has the object in it's cache. A parent relation is always
used. This is the main difference between sibling and parent relations.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker