Re: [squid-users] forcing reload in accelmode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:42:51 +0200

Assuming you known the URL of the object(s) that have changed.

In such case you have two options

a) Force a fresh copy by sending a HTTP GET request using the
"Cache-Control: no-cache" header to indicate that a fresh copy must be
fetched.

b) PURGE the obejcts from the cache, thereby making sure a fresh copy is
fetched when the next client requests it. (see the Squid FAQ on how to
enable PURGE)

In both cases your content-management-tool needs to send a HTTP request
to Squid to tell it that the URL is updated.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker