Re: [squid-users] disabling cache for certain hosts

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:34:14 +0200

Florian Effenberger wrote:

> thanks again for your fast reply. What do you mean with "To change
> this you need to change how Squid uses the no_cache directive."?

I mean that you need to change how Squid uses the no_cache directive.
The way the directive is used by Squid today do what you want, but it
does not need to stay that way. The only reason why it is that way is
because this is how it happened to get implemented years ago.

> Is there any possibility of achieving what I want (except starting two
> Squids on two different ports with two different configurations)? :)

Squid is Open Source. You can do almost whatever you want with the
software, most importantly if it does not do exactly what you need out
of the box you can have it changed. People needing changes is an
important aspect of how Open Source software develops, apart from
dumbasses like me who do it just for the fun of it B-)

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker