Re: [squid-users] Http_accel mode, authentication of multiple hos ts?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:14:01 +0200

Henk-Jan Kloosterman wrote:

> Any advise for a "redirector" for a none programmer? I used "squirm"
> in the past, or is it better to start to learn perl?

Any will do.

Writing a Squid redirector in Perl isn't very hard... I quite often use
something like the one below when testing stuff:

#!/usr/bin/perl -p
$|=1;
s%from_url1%to_url1% && next;
s%from_url2%to_url2% && next;

In our products we use a custom redirector written in C as Perl takes
too much space none of the existing C redirectors did exacly fit our
purpose. Our whole system image is less than 10MB uncompressed,
including kernel, system biaries, libraries, SSL enabled web
administration and Squid...

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB, Sweden