[squid-users] wget/telnet 80 retrieving URLs

From: Joerg Fritsch <joerg.fritsch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:15:21 +0200

Hi there,

if some URL does not show up on the LAN behind a squid I can:::

Loginto the squidbox, and do a telnet to port 80, GET and so on && I can do
wget or lynx (do not want lynx *gg*).
However these methods do not use the cache. They only prove that the box is
able to retrieve this URL from it's position, but they do not prove that the
squid software / cache is able to retrieve any URL I want.

So now my question:::
Is there a commandline method to make squid retrieving a certain URL,
thereby proving that not only the box is physically able to retrieve it but
tha squid-cache also ?

Pls do not reply I shouuld install X11 and Mozilla on my squid-cache ;-)))

Thanks,
--Joerg