Re: [squid-users] max capacity for a T1/E1 in terms of HTTP req/sec

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

Joe
Once again thanks a ton
i can now hv a real good nights sleep!!!!!
that was very very informative and should put to rest any doubts that
myself and similarly 'suspicious' :-) ppl were to have abt squid;s
performance
> Now, my question: Have you been worrying about getting 'only' 70
> reqs/sec from your cache when you only have a single 1.5Mbit uplink
> support? ;-)
all i can say is that " your Wink says it all " ;-)

one more thing joe
guess i m being much of a pest now ;-)
i hv seen ur benchmarjs for polymix-3 as well as datacomm .
in the latter u managed to achieve abt 55 req/sec....?? while more than
double of that for polymix3 in the 3rd cacheoff ???
my squid just restarted in datacomm giving me that fatal select loop
error
httpAccept: FD 40: accept failure: (105) No buffer
space available
2001/10/20 12:56:18| comm_poll: poll failure: (12) Cannot allocate
memory

while the kernel syslog tells me that
TLAN: Couldn't allocate memory for received data.
Oct 20 12:52:08 cache-nbm last message repeated 5923 times
is datacomm more strenuous than polymix -3
i was running datacomm-1 as the default that comes with polygraph2.6.5
hope u can help this time as well
TIA
khiz

=== message truncated ===