[squid-users] Cache_dir disk problems

From: Henrik Johansson <morge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:24:10 +0200 (CEST)

Having some problems with one of our proxyservers.
The cachedir is located on a seperate disk (23Gb) and cache_dir is set to
16000 with 256 first level dirs and 2048 second level.
The problem is that when checking how much space squid is using (client
mgr:storedir) it reports 5Gb (~35%). However when checking how much
filesystem is used it is now at ~97%.
Nothing else is placed on that disk so what eating up the space?
Can it be old cachefiles that squid doesn't know about (from faulty
shutdowns and clearing the swap.state wrong way) and we need to rebuild
the cachedir (rm -rf and squid -z)?
Or does anybody have any other ideas?

/Henrik J