[squid-users] Cache_dir disk problems with more info

From: Henrik Johansson <morge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:51:38 +0200 (CEST)

Sending this again with more info (didn't have time to enter it the last
time)

Having some problems with one of our proxyservers.
squid version is 2.2.STABLE4.

The cachedir is located on a seperate disk (23Gb) and cache_dir is:
cache_dir /data/cache 16000 256 2048

The problem is that when checking how much space squid is using (client
mgr:storedir) it reports:
Maximum Size: 16384000 KB
Current Size: 6134017 KB
Percent Used: 37.44%

However when checking how much filesystem is used it is now at ~97%.
Nothing else is placed on that disk so what eating up the space?
Cant find any strange things in squid.conf and the rest of the values from
mgr:info and storedir seems ok.
Can it be old cachefiles that squid doesn't know about (from faulty
shutdowns or clearing the swap.state wrong way)?
Maby we need to rebuild the cachedir (rm -rf and squid -z)?
Or does anybody have any other ideas?

/Henrik J