[squid-users] hostnames

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:37:48 +0200

Hi all,

Within our configuration : if we try to access a hostname, it does not
display the page. Except if we use the ip or full name (host.domain.com). I
think Squid tries to resolve the name as a FQDN with the DNS first and
therefore does not succeed. I also tried using the hostfile, listed a few
entries, added the /etc/hosts parameter to the squid.conf and tried it. This
does not work either.

Can anyone advise me if their is an other possibility to configure for use
of hostnames?

Thanks! Best Regards,
./koen