[squid-users] wccp and squid authentication

From: Gary Shelton <omega996@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:34:24 -0700

greetings:
i'm using squid 2.4 stable2 on FreeBSD with smb_auth - it works 'ab
fab', as it were. our primary connection to the internet is through
cisco equipment, and in doing some investigating, i noted that the
equipment we have supports wccp. insomuch as i know next to nothing
about cisco routers and anything associated with them, if i configure
the routers to redirect traffic to a squid machine using wccp, will i no
longer be able to use smb_auth? i guess i'm wondering if the use of wccp
forces squid into a transparent proxy mode of operation. sorry for my
ignorance. BTW, if anyone has any experience or knowledge or links that
they can share on this subject, i'd really like to hear from you.

tia

gary shelton