[squid-users] "NET: 20 messages surpressed" - Appears on Console?

From: Costa, Todd (DMH) <Todd.Costa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:58:11 -0400

Hi Squid-Users,

        I am using SQUID 2.3-stable4 in Transparent mode. I have configured
this version based on docs I have found on this topic. Its working well and
I am very pleased with the performance so far. (14+ days and counting)

Now that I have placed it in its final testing phase within my network
having all the clients going through the proxy as their default gateway and
only capturing http requests to see what's going on for better manage web
access. The rest of TCP traffic is obviously passing through like normal
because everyone is able to do their work. No slow downs. Yeah!!!

THE PROBLEM: NET: (xx) messages surpressed

I am seeing and getting these messages on the system console. These MSG's
appear in the kernel log file too, yet I don't know how to stop them from
appearing at the system console. This occurs even when I am logged on as a
user (pain in the neck now). Again, These MSG's even show up on the console
when not logged in. They keep appearing and scroll up the display as the
come in.

Does anyone have any idea on how to stop this?

Todd

"Work Smarter, Not Harder....Use Open Source Solutions"