Re: [squid-users] I need Help Configuring SQUID

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:35:04 +0200

Carlos Santillana wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Squid runing to ask for authentication. But im
> behind a Firewall that ask you a password too.
>
> How can i confiure the Squid to ask the password from Squid
> and then ask again the FW password, or if it can pass through ..

Assuming the upstream firewall is a proxy based firewall, and uses proxy
authentication, just as Squid, then Squid can pass the authentication
thru.

For older Squid releases, pass thru is enabled by not configuring proxy
authentication.

On newer versions, there is an cache_peer option for enabling pass-thru
operation or variants there of.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker