[squid-users] Config Questions

From: Jim Richey <jrichey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:57:43 -0400

We are upgrading from 2.2STABLE5 on Solaris 8 with UFS and async-io to
2.4STABLE1 on Linux with Reiserfs and async-io. Does the 2.4 Linux
kernel have enough stability and performance or should we use a 2.2
kernel? We currenly have 6 physical cache drives on Solaris. On Linux we
will have two 10k 18GB Ultra160 drive. Given our new configuration
(Linux, Reiserfs, async-io), is it better to partion each drive into
multiple partitions per drive such as /cache1 - /cache3 on one drive and
/cache4 - /cache6 on another drive, or have only one large cache per
drive? Thanks.

--
Jim Richey
jrichey@highmark.com