Re: [squid-users] Patching Squid with Webdav!!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:59:57 +0200

Krischrist@gmx.net wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
> I wanted to patch webdav with squid. In one of the
> earlier replies you said me to
> use the latest version of squid. Will it work with Redhat6.0 and it's
> kernel?. I am sure it will give dependency errors and it might be a
> long list. Will the new version work with 7.1 without any errors?

Squid works with mostly any Linux distribution/version since many years
back. There should be no problems to run the newest Squid on a RedHat
6.0 server, or with RedHat 7.1.

For older RedHat releases you most likely need to compile Squid from
source, as noone is making binary RPM's for those.. but compiling Squid
from source is anyway recommended as it allows you to tune Squid to best
fit your needs, not the imagined needs of the person who made the RPM
(and who usually knows very little about your needs).

Regards
Henrik Nordström