[squid-users] [Nooby]ping, cant d/l

From: Squid Admin <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:08:11 -0700

I'm trying to figure this one out, Feeling Like A Newbie here!

One site won't get past my squid. http://www.rims.k12.ca.us
This or anything beyond it. I tried to no_cache the site and also with:

acl RIMS url_regex rims
no_cache deny RIMS

#also tried:

acl rims dstdomain .rims.k12.ca.us
always_direct allow rims

The error I recieve is vague, and since I haven't had any problems with
particular servers in the past, I'm no good at hunting these down. Here's
what access log sez:

1003962345.350 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF 4AEC01B93C20E1FDD77137CFE5E3BE72
500 -1 -1 -1 unknown -1/991 GET
http://www.rims.k12.ca.us/

since, I have discovered a couple other sites that do it.

<end>

I can ping a trace the sites....

Pretty sure it's not trying to cache it, and I've tried various expressions
as well as these one, anyway if anyone has experience with a server specific
error like this, or you can help me tell the server owner, clue me in?