[squid-users] About squid hierarchy

From: Luca Maranzano <liuk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:23:23 +0200

Hi all,

we have setup a squid 2.4.2 (Debian package) migrating from 2.2.

The squid is configured to have 2 parent caches (say parent1 and
parent2) with the same weight and with the no-digest option.
We use the parent mode since the 2 caches have more bandwidth available
of us.

Now it happens that when clients access to some sites, the remote server
logs the access with the IP of parent1 (or parent2) and not with the IP
of our squid.
It seems that with the same configuration and squid 2.2 this did not
happen.

Is this the normal behaviour of the "parent" hierarchy configuration
or an error of us in the configuration? And why with Squid 2.2 this
didn't happen?

Putting the two parents in sibling mode obviously solves the issue.

Thanks in advance for any answers :-)

Regards,
Luca