[squid-users] Re: WCCP

From: <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:04:31 +0100

On Linux you can disable Path MTU discovery by

  echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_no_pmtu_disc

On some other OS:es you have greater level of controls, allowing Path
MTU discovery to be disabled individually per interface or route entry.

What you need to disable in most router based TCP interception setups is
Path MTU discovery in the path from the proxy to your clients. Routers
are generally not smart enought to also redirect the ICMP packets needed
for such Path MTU discovery.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Hacker