[squid-users] TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 code

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:10:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi all
i hv a small query rgd TCP_REFRESH_HIT
the FAQ states that
TCP_REFRESH_HIT
The requested object was cached but STALE. The IMS query for the object
resulted in "304 not modified".

however looking into my access.log shows me lots of lones with'
TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 344 GET
HTTP/whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/img/newfront_shrtline.gif
note the TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 status code

should it not be soemthing like
 TCP_REFRESH_HIT/304
to indicate that the server sent back a '304 not modified reply' in response to
squid's IMS query to it when the client to squid issued a REFRESH request

so incase of TCP_REFRESH_HIT/200 does it indicate that the actual object was
fetched from the origin server instead of being served locally form the cache
or am i missing something very obvious in the entire logic
TIA
khiz