[squid-users] Cache file system 100%

From: <philip.wolfe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:34:05 +1100

I have a cache spread over four file systems to handle the volume of cached
requests. All four are running on a Veritas File system to allow for
degragging on the fly.

Recently we have had one file system become 100%. The file system is not
totally defragged. We have the LRU set at:
cache_swap_low 95
cache_swap_high 96

The closeness is because we are running 8Gb caches, on eache file system,
and the conf file advises to bring the high and low water marks closer for
large caches.

Is this too high perhaps? My other three file systems are running at 96 and
97% and slowly growing.

How can I reduce the amount of cache without deleting my cache and starting
again?

Can I lower the low and high water marks, to say 89 and 90? Can this be
done with a simple squid -k reconfigure?