[squid-users] Accelerator Problem

From: <ray.taft@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 Oct 2001 17:52:10 -0800

Could use some expert help on this one...

I have installed squid on a front end server to accelerate a backend web server.

Everything seems to be working normally, except the following:

1: The cache server ALWAYS goes back to the origin server for the content (tail -f the access log on the origin server confirms this on every hit)

2: Performance is S L O W.. due in part (assuming) that the cache server connects to the HTTP server, grabs the data, and then serves it.

The intent is to have the objects on the webserver stored in memory / disk on the squid box. When the cache is hit, it serves them from memory or disk, faster than what the slower web server could do, and DOES NOT go back to the origin server each time for data.

Attached is my squid.conf file.

The Squid Box is a Solaris 8 REV 10, Sun Netra T1, 440Mhz, 256MB RAM, 2 X 9GB (10,000 RPM 5.2Ms/seek). I have 6GB dedicated to squid cache.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray