[squid-users] Question on re-compiling

From: Bill Delphenich <bdelph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:40:08 -0500

I have been running Squid v2.3-STABLE4 very nicely for some time on a
Linux box. Now I want to add the ability to monitor Squid with MRTG. I
understand I have to recompile Squid to enable SNMP before this will
work.

If I do this, will I hose my existing setup, or will it reinstall itself
very nicely over top of the existing Squid? I still have the source
where it was when I originally set it up.

Any recommendations for doing this to avoid blowing the whole thing up?

Thanks for any assistance.