Re: [squid-users] compiling the kernel with more threads

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:50:52 -0600

The Linux kernel?

It allows quite a large number of threads out of the box (actually, I
think there is no practical limit in 2.4--though 2.2 maxes out at 512,
maybe?). I'm really doubtful that you need more than the default. You
certainly don't want to compile Squid with that many threads (16-64 is
plenty depending on number of drives and speed of the processor(s)).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com