Re: [squid-users] HTTPS problem

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 10:02:20 +0000 (GMT)

since u say u are doing transparent proxying, u must
be using some kind of firewall, either IPChains or
IPTables to redirect the HTTP packets from the Cisco
router to your squid box...

in that case, check your firewall logs when u try to
attempt to connect to a secure site using HTTPS ... my
guess is u will notice that packets with port 443 as
their destination may be blocked access...

if this is what's happenning, all u have to do is
allow packets with this destination to go out..

good luck..

AKNIT

 --- John Kim <admin@jwkim.com> wrote: > Hi all, I
have a little problem. I'm not too