Re: [squid-users] 2.5 - stable?

From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <list-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:13:01 +0000 (UTC)

In article <3C08C569.6A362C7D@squid-cache.org>,
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
>Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>> Where can I send these?
>
>squid-dev@squid-cache.org is a good place..

Yes but I have trouble subscribing to the squid mailinglists. The
ezmlm list that is used for the squid lists uses the envelope-from
address as address to use for subscribe requests - not only that
but the lists are closed and allow only submissions from that
envelope-from address. Frankly, that is broken behaviour.

My envelope-from address is different from my From: address
and the envelope-from address changes with which machine I use to
send mail.

I'm using a news2mail gateway to post to this list which has been
hacked to use one common From: and envelope-from address for
this list.

It's almost impossible for me to use the other lists unless I
gateway them to news too, and I don't think that is appropriate
for the squid-dev mailinglist. Or is it ?

Mike.

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.