[squid-users] redirect_rewrites_host_header & accelerator

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:22:15 -0800

I am running an accelerator for virtual hosts, and use a redirector that
takes a URL like:

http://myvhost.foo.com/bar and rewrites it to:
http://nodes.foo.com/bar where nodes.foo.com are my backend web server farm
nodes.

redirect_rewrites_host header is off, and I would expect that the value from
the redirector in this case would be 2 things:
1 - The path is rewritten if needed, according to the rules, and
2 - the server name is rewritten if needed, but the host header should be
left intact by Squid when using this rewritten URL, meaning that the server
name returned by the redirector is used ONLY for IP address lookup of where
to send requests; the actual host header is untouched.

But, in my config, #2 does NOT seem to be the case, and the host header is
the value that is returned by the redirector... Is this right?

I'm using Squid 2.4STABLE1... Any thoughts?

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
SignOnSanDiego.com