RE: [squid-users] FTP connection with microsoft ftp command line program

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:39:56 +0100

Mehdi,
I use Firewall Toolkit for ftp and telnet on my squid box.
You can find everything (src/docs/faq) here :
http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/download/

B.R.
./koen

> Hi Henrik,
>
> Thank a lot for your support.
> I have to use a ftp proxy.
> What do ftp proxy to do suggest ?
> proxy-suite ?
> I would like to install it in the same server as squid.
> What is the best software for that ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mehdi

ftp:// is not a
FTP client, it is then a HTTP client. Squid is the FTP client then.

The command line ftp.exe is a FTP client. If you want command line
ftp:// browsing through Squid, use a command line web browser such as
lynx
<http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/World_Wide_We
b/Browsers/Lynx/>
or any other favorite commandline browser.

If you want proxy functions for FTP, then install a FTP proxy in
combination with Squid. There are numerous FTP proxies.

Mehdi Melhaa wrote:

> I'm agree. But I can access to ftp (i.e Internet Explorer) site over
Squid.