Re: [squid-users] Is Squid slow?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 07:12:39 -0600

Vivek Sadananda Pai wrote:

> Joe Cooper wrote:
> [...]
>
>>http://www.measurement-factory.com/results/public/cacheoff/N03/auto/all/rep.rptm.mean.save.ratio.html
>>
>>Swell was 11th out of a field of about 30 entries and Duane's Squid box
>>was an even more respectable fourth place. This field is generally an
>>

> I believe you're reading the graph incorrectly. The response time
> improvement graph shows how much of a benefit the cache provides.
> A 0% improvement means no benefit. So, on this particular graph,
> the entries on the right side are performing better than the ones
> on the left.

Doh! You're right Vivek. I stand corrected. At the second cacheoff,
we weren't pushing quite as hard and /did/ show response times among the
best at the event...only beaten by the iMimic entry and Duane's Squid entry.

It's merely a matter of how hard you're pushing the box and the hit
ratio you're showing...If you push harder (for more throughput) response
times go up.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com