[squid-users] cisco 1600 12.0 (3)/transparent caching

From: Diego Rojas <diego.rojas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:48:05 -0600

Hello All,

I have cisco 1600 ios 12.0(3) and i want to set transparent caching. The
Squid host has ipchains and squid working great for my invalid addressed
network, now i have to use it for the valid ip addressed network but at this
moment i still can not let it working. This is what i am trying in the same
order:

in the router:

route-map proxy-redirect permit 10
match ip address 110
set ip next-hop xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx //ip address of the squid host
access-list 110 deny tcp any any neq www
access-list 110 deny tcp host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx any // same ip address of the
squid host
access-list 110 permit tcp any any
interface eth0 //router has 2 interfaces serial0 for internet, eth0 for
the lan. I have tryed in each one and both at the same time
ip policy route-map proxy-redirect

in the linux:

ipchains -A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 www -j REDIRECT 3128 //like i said for the
invalid network squid works great transparently.

When i set the rule in the router, the squid host losts port 80 but is
reachable in all the other ports. Your advices or running configuration
examples will be apreciated.

Diego Felipe Rojas
Information Technologies
www.turnkeynet.net