[squid-users] Caching problem

From: Emilia Sherifova <emilia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:55:24 -0500

I've installed Squid and have been monitoring its caching activity. It
looks like squid is caching very few objects, mostly images. As far as I
understand it should be working in the following way: if I visit a webpage
for the first time the log should say TCP_MISS and if I visi the same page
next time the page should be retrieved from the cache the log should have
the following: TCP_HIT or TCP_IMS_HIT. I've noticed that images the cached
while pages do not. Am I missing something? Why is it not caching most of
the stuff? Does Squid cache ASPs and JSPs?

Please help.

Emilia