Re: [squid-users] PAM authentication problem

From: Jatin Nansi <jatin.nansi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:28:02 +0530

Henrik

thanks for the reply. But i have followed these instructions
from pam_auth.c. u see i am installing this on a redhat7.2 box
so it also has shadow passwds.
which means that the binary has to be set to 4755. i have done
that. still, the puser of the pam_auth is squid and not root.

i am facing another problem, in which pam_auth only authenticates
the first user. if i try the second time it allways returns ERR.
the same username and passwd will work if i exit pam_auth and
restart it.

if you need the pam config for squid it is:
#%PAM-1.0
#Filename: squid
auth required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth

i also request that if any 1 is running rh7.2, and squid to verify this.
rh7.2 has pam_auth installed in /usr/lib/squid. it comes with the squid
rpm. you only need to configure pam with the above settings. it shld
work out of the box.

Jatin