[squid-users] Cobalt Qube

From: Ged Warren <ged@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:59:12 -0000

Hi,
Can you tell me if Squid Web Proxy Cache will work with the Cobalt Qube 2
server appliance? Cobalt seem reluctant to answer the question. They seem
more interested in getting their disclaimer across than offering any helpful
advice.

Our network consists of a Netware 3.12 file server (using IPX) and the Qube
for email and Internet access (using IP).The Qube has no built in means of
forcing users to enter a password before they can gain access to the
internet. Users only need a password to get email, and this is passed when
the user logs on to the Netware server. This means that anyone can access
the internet, even when the workstation is not logged into the Netware
server.

Am I right in thinking that Squid could solve this problem?

Thanks,

Ged Warren.

Ged Warren
The Leadmill Limited