RE: [squid-users] NT with 2 groups defined for squid

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:24:43 +0100

Thanks Francesco, can you comment on this too?

> > - does somebody use a better method for those 2 NT groups to
> > authenticate?
>
> Yes. Enumerate the groups and use squid ACLs.
> Where I am we're using a database to do this, but it should
> be the same
> with "net {local,global}group".
What do you mean exactly with "net {local,global}group". I do not know any
acl with this statement.

I was thinking if maybe it is also possible to use it with 2 smb_auth
statements. However I do not know, if it is possible to combine this with
ACL / proxy_auth.
authenticate_program /opt/squid/libexec/squid/smb_auth -W DOMAIN -P
localdomain -U PDC -S /netlogon/proxyauth_limited
authenticate_program /opt/squid/libexec/squid/smb_auth -W DOMAIN -P
localdomain -U PDC -S /netlogon/proxyauth_full

> Create an .asp on your DC and IP- and password- protect it.
> Have it dump a list of domain\user formatted lines.
I am not really familiar with this NT environment. Can the DC export such a
list?

KR
./koen