[squid-users] Squid authentication

From: Kushal Lala <klala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:55:29 -0800

Hi :

I have 3 squid boxes sharing the same user database through NFS mount from
one server.
The boxes are attached to ServerIron a Layer 7 switch for loadbalancing user
requests.

Now the problem is that once a user authenticates in one of the server, and
then clicks on another link he has to re-authenticate cos his request might
have been sent to a differnt server by the Layer 7 switch. This occurs for
each page users want to visit.

Please let me know if there is any possibility that user authenticates only
once and all the 3 squid boxes knows about it.

Thanks
Kushal Lala