Re: [squid-users] Marking packets

From: Marek Wodzinski <majek@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:25:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Sunday 02 December 2001 18.29, Marek Wodzinski wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to add other packet marking policy?
>
> With some coding yes.
>
> > I need to mark packets between squid and client and marking
> > this with HIT or MISS.
> > This will be useful with limiting all internet traffic to user
> > but serving HITs with full available bandwith.
>
> Interesting idea. Fully possible to implement, but requires coding.

I saw similar problem at "Squid and congestion management" thread.

Is it possible to see this feature implemented in some future version of
squid? I think that many peolpe will be thankful to you (squid coders and
hackers) for implementing this.

best regards

majek

--
"If you want something done...do yourself!"  | mamy.to     \ sys&net
Jean-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg                  | pilczyce.net \  admin