[squid-users] Just one login at any time

From: <djohnston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 17:10:29 -0000

Hi squid experts,

I have a feeling this question has been asked before, so I
appologise - I'm new to this list and have not yet found a solution.

My company is having a small head-ache with a squid related
problem. We'd like to give squid users authentication passwords.
But we don't want a user to be able to 'lend' their password to
somebody else. Basically has anyone ever found a way to make
sure that a user is only logged on to one terminal when browsing
the web? We can't restrict each user to one ip because of roaming
users and the like, but we'd like to 'time-out' a user if it seems they
are accesing squid from >1 terminal.

I'd be very interested in any thoughts or experiences..

--
Daniel Johnston
Technical Developer