Re: [squid-users] Using squid 2.4 as an accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:39:59 +0100

Dustin Puryear wrote:

> > These you get if you are running in accelerator mode without properly
> > telling Squid where to get the content from, ending up with Squid
> > contacting itself in a recursive loop.
> >
> > httpd_accel_host virtual
>
> FYI, in the configuration I gave I was using 'httpd_accel_host 10.0.0.22',
> not 'httpd_accel_host virtual', so shouldn't Squid just connect to
> 10.0.0.22? Anyway, this was fixed by using a redirector program anyway, even
> though I specified 10.0.0.22 as my destination.

Depends on your setting of httpd_accel_uses_host_header.

As said these directives mainly control how Squid reconstructs (what
Squid thinks is) the actual URL.

Some recent Squid versions also has the "httpd_accel_single_host"
directive.

Also, the whole scheme breaks down heavily if you are also using the
same Squid as a proxy. proxied requests are handled completely
different.