Re: [squid-users] Win.x and Windows 2000 different behaviour

From: Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:35:32 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "--==[bMan]==--" <bman@bolek.com>
To: "Colin Campbell" <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 12:08 AM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Win.x and Windows 2000 different behaviour

> => Not a squid problem. It's the browser that needs to be configured to go
> => direct.

> I'm not sure. I would not post this message if I did not do my homework.
> Win.x running IE, I deliberately unchecked "bypass proxy for local sites."
> I even went one step further and removed anything that would have my local
> domain in it. Guess what? I went directly to the local domain web site as
> it was supposed to (or as it was supposed to be handled by Squid). It's not
> the case, however, with Y2K.

But he's right. There is no way this is a squid issue. The W2K boxes are
sending the request to squid, the W9x boxes aren't, your logs back this up.
Squid has no control over this.

Are you sure that all automatic proxy detection is turned off in both
versions? Shouldn't be an issue unless you have configured auto-proxy at some
point. Also, are you sure there has not been an AD-based policy set up under
W2K.

Jerry