Re: [squid-users] Smart load balancing

From: Ryszard Lach <rla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:32:30 +0100

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:12:50AM -0500, Andreas Jung wrote:
> http://squid.sourceforge.net/rproxy
>
> This is a patched version of Squid dedicated to act as reverse proxy. But
> this version
> is limited to perform round-robin only.

Thanks, it seems it is a solution of my problem. From rproxy documentation:

[...]

Healt checks of backend servers

In accelerator farms it is desireable to do a more throughtfull health check of
the backend servers. Proposed method is to have a query URL, and only consider
the backend server (peer) if it returns a response for that URL with a correct
HTTP status code and a reasonable size (within specified min,max limit). HTTP
status code is quite obvious, and the size check to trap malfunction due to out
of memory and other strange situations where the server might return a proper
HTTP status code but no/bad content.

Best regards,

R.

--
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
fight you. Then you win." - Mohandas Gandhi.