[squid-users] Time restrictions...

From: Boniforti Flavio <boniforti.f@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:02:57 +0100

Hello!

I want to add some time restricions in my LAN.

Here we go. This is the actual ACL:

# Personal RULESET
acl vietati dstdomain "/home/squid/acl/vietati.txt"
acl estensioni url_regex "/home/squid/acl/estensioni.txt"
acl anti-worm url_regex "/home/squid/acl/blocca-worm.txt"
acl utenti src "/home/squid/acl/utenti.txt"
acl ip_vietati dst "/home/squid/acl/ip_vietati.txt"
acl win_update dstdomain "/home/squid/acl/windowsupdate.txt"

# TAG: http_access
#Default configuration:
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
#
http_access allow localhost
http_access deny vietati
http_access deny ip_vietati
http_access deny anti-worm
http_access deny estensioni
http_access allow all win_update
http_access deny !utenti
deny_info ERR_CUSTOM_ACCESS_DENIED utenti
http_access allow all

Then, now I want to allow ALL to surf from 8:00 to 20:00, but I need a
custom error message for this ACL, therefore I need to DENY access from
20:00 to 8:00!!! But, as written in the User Guide, t1 has to be smaller
than t2! Do I have to write it like:

acl time1 time 20:00-0:00
acl time2 time 0:00-8:00
http_access deny all time1 time2

???

And then, a little more confusing (for me at least!): I need to allow a
restricted group of IPs (which I've written in a separate text file) to surf
ALL THE TIME!!!

How do I achieve these things, in regard with my default policy, which is
ALLOW ALL???

Thanx!

Boniforti Flavio
Informa Srl