[squid-users] performance issue

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:17:44 +0100

Hi all,

I have about 10 countries with exactly the same configuration for squid,
authentication all going to the same parent.
However there is a lot of difference in performance. I believe dns has the
highest impact on it (differences on these proxy are 49ms , 1200ms and one
with 3400ms). Would dns be the cause of this mainly or is there something
else to look for.
If dns is the case, I assume to resolve it by installing named on these
proxies. Request vary from 1req/s to 16/req/s. I installed yesterdays
tarball, however not much of a difference.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

BR,
./koen