[squid-users] Novell NDS Authentication Services

From: Gerben Welter <gerben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:17:43 +0100

Hi.

Is anybody out there authenticating to a NDS using Novell's NDS
Authentication Services (and not using using LDAP for this)?

I'm inquiring about this, because I'm greatly interested in integrating
Squid in my company's Novell network. Currently we're using two Novell
Bordermanagers and one Linux Squid proxy. The Bordermanagers provide
authentication and allow or deny specific access based on NDS
containers/users. The Squid proxy is acting as a parent proxy to reduce the
load on our leased line to internet.

I'm searching for a way to replace the Bordermanagers with Squid because
the Bordermanagers aren't performing as I would like.

Is someone already doing this and is there some documentation available?
I've searched several times now, but I can't find any real documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Gerben.