Re: [squid-users] PPC server and wintel client

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:03:57 -0600

Trevor Wiens wrote:

> I quickly checked the FAQ and the archive and I didn't find anything
> similar to this problem. I hope I didn't miss it and that I'm not
> bothering anyone.
>
> Ok, my situation is this. I've got a x86 box running as a DNS server. I
> have two G3 Macs running Mandrake 8.1. I want them to run squid and act
> as a proxy for about 100 client windows boxes and 3 or 4 Macs and the 3
> or 4 Linux clients. Now I can install squid and get it to work from any
> of the client Linux boxes, but when I try to set the proxy for either
> the Macs or the Windows machines, I get a permission denied message.

This sounds like an ACL problem rather than an architecture problem.
Check the ACL section of your squid.conf. Somehow the ACLs are set
to only allow the Linux boxes.

--
Jon Kay        pushcache.com                      jkay@pushcache.com
http://www.pushcache.com/                             (512) 420-9025