[squid-users] Forwading requests to another Proxy

From: Greg Darby <greg.darby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:27:25 +1030

Can someone pls explain the steps in configuring our local proxy to connect
to our ISP's proxy server? We both are running Squid. I would still like the
local proxy server to cache pages as well.

Is the following correct becuase i can't seem to get it going,

cache_peer proxy.adl.connect.com.au parent 3128 0 no-query default
acl all src (ip address of ISP proxy / subnet)
never_direct allow all

We cannot access the Internet without going thru the ISP proxy as they have
configured it this for security.

I am only new to Squid so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Greg Darby
Systems Administrator
Ramelec (SA) Pty Ltd
2 Ontario Ave Panorama
South Australia 5041
Tel: +61 8 83742100
Fax: +61 8 83742102

This email and any attachment has been checked for the presence of known Virus's by Ramelec's NTMail Virus Scanner.