[squid-users] Re: Re[2]: ACL for objects in the cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:06:13 +0100

Ah, sorry for the confusion.

cached objects are automatically excluded from delay pools. Delay pools only
apply to traffic received by Squid.

Note: The correct regex for matching extensions are \.exe$

  \. matches .
  $ matches "end"
  . (without \) matches any character

For matching file extensions urlpath_regex is the technically correct ACL
type. url_regex also works fine but has a slightly higher overhead and may in
some extreme cases match more than you intended..

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB

On Monday 17 December 2001 14.03, Fabian Gervan wrote:
> Henrik: I already use:
> acl magic_words3 url_regex -i ftp .exe .mp3 .vqf .tar.gz .gz .rpm .zip .rar
> .avi .mpeg .mpe .mpg to create a delay pool.
> But it want that if the object is already in the squid cache, it use
> other configuration (or no bandwidth limitation).
> Regards.
> Fabian
>
> Monday, December 17, 2001, 8:17:57 AM, you wrote:
>
> HN> Ofcourse. Squid has plenty of different ACL objects for matching
> HN> differentmc
> HN> aspects of the request. In this specific question, see the
> urlpath_regex type.
>
> HN> Regards
> HN> Henrik Nordström
>
> HN> On Sunday 16 December 2001 22.12, Fabian Gervan wrote:
> >> Hello squid-users,
> >>
> >> I want to create acl for configure a delay pool, there are any ACL
> >> for objects in the squid cache?
> >> example:
> >> i want to create a delay pool 1 for urls. .exe .zip .mp3 (5000 bps)
> >> and other delay pool for urls .exe .zip .mp3 (30000 bps) when the
> >> objet is already is in the cache.
> >> any solution?
> >>
> >> sorry for me "english".

available on request