Re: [squid-users] Load balancing

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:22:44 -0600

I ran into a similar situation myself. My solution was to take out this
'Squid Parent' altogether and load balance the clients via a single
round-robin DNS entry referencing either 'Squid child'. That way, each
child requests to its respective 'Out1' or 'Out2' and the load is
balanced on the requesting end (client) via DNS.

Out1 Out 2
 | |
Squid 1 Squid 2
  | |