Re: [squid-users] large logfiles

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:28:43 -0600

Michal Medvecky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have large proxy with small space for logfiles (no money for another drive :)
>
> Squid default behavior is to stop when there is no more space available for logfiles. Is there
> a possiblity to tell squid not to stop when the partition for logfiles is full and simply
> ignore any new log lines?

I think what you're looking for is log rotation. Try putting a 'squid -k
rotate' in
your crontab at an appropriate interval. Squid only keeps nine rotated
logs; have
the rotation happen in a tenth the time it takes to fill the logfiles, and
you're golden.

Better still, configure Squid not to keep logs atall. Better privacy, no
diskspace
usage, everybody is happy.

--
Jon Kay        pushcache.com                      jkay@pushcache.com