[squid-users] Re: squid without dns

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 10:49:06 +0100

Please use the Squid Users list for Squid questions

Are you using any ACL's that may require DNS lookups? (for example the
dst ACL type)

If you do not have DNS access then it is best to configure your OS to
not use DNS. (see /etc/nsswitch.conf and/or /etc/host.conf), and to
have Squid configured with --disable-internal-dns as you have (required
to make Squid use the OS provided resolver).

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB