[squid-users] RE: squid will not refer index.html

From: Richard Conway <Richard.Conway@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:27:34 -0000

Further to my previous post. I have found that squid works fine with a
previous version of Tomcat (3.2.1). The problem appears to be specific to
the way Tomcat4 redirects the request.

In order to diagnose this I was hoping that someone could help me interpret
what I find in the squid log file - in particular the meaning of the 'FD nn'
messages I get.

Using the successful Tomcat 3.2.1 I see the following squid log...
---snip---
2001/12/19 10:58:24| The request GET http://cp1105:8080/ is ALLOWED, because
it matched 'all'
2001/12/19 10:58:24| carpSelectParent: CARP Calculating hash for
http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8080/
2001/12/19 10:58:24| fwdServerClosed: FD 13 http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8080/
2001/12/19 10:58:24| The request GET
http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8080/index.html is ALLOWED, because it matched
'all'
2001/12/19 10:58:24| The request GET
http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8080/tomcat.gif is ALLOWED, because it matched
'all'
2001/12/19 10:58:24| The request GET
http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8080/tomcat-power.gif is ALLOWED, because it
matched all'
---snip---

Using the unsuccessful Tomcat 4 I see...
---snip---
2001/12/19 11:13:24| The request GET http://cp1105:8000/ is ALLOWED, because
it matched 'all'
2001/12/19 11:13:24| carpSelectParent: CARP Calculating hash for
http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8000/
2001/12/19 11:13:24| fwdServerClosed: FD 10 http://cp1105.vega.co.uk:8000/
---snip---

What is the meaning of FD13 and FD10 in the above log messages.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?
Has anyone got Tomcat4 and squid working wrt. index.html redirection ?

Richard.