[squid-users] squid.conf examples

From: Paul S Melson <melsonpa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:32:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

This is my first post, so please be kind. I've looked through the FAQ
and other sources, but had no luck. I'm working w/ Toby Crawley's
group_ldap_auth patch to squid-2.4STABLE2 and experiencing some weirdness when
setting up acls. I would like to have a rule set similar to this:

acl auth_group_1 ldap_auth static 'Group 1'
acl auth_list_1 dstdom_regex "domain_list_1.txt"
acl auth_group_2 ldap_auth static 'Group 2'
acl auth_list_2 dstdom_regex "domain_list_2.txt"

http_access allow auth_list_1 auth_group_1
http_access allow auth_list_2 auth_group_2
[ followed by appropriate "deny all" rule]

The problem is that only the first http_access rule containing an acl of type
'ldap_auth' works, and any other rules containing 'ldap_auth' acls are
seemingly ignored. It's my understanding that 'ldap_auth' is based closely on
the 'proxy_auth' acl that is part of the standard Squid source tree. Does
anyone have an example from a working squid.conf of using multiple instances of
'proxy_auth' or 'ldap_auth' acls? Any pointers on this would be sincerely
appreciated.

Thanks,
PaulM