[squid-users] redirection form router

From: Kancha . <kancha2np@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:25:25 -0800 (PST)

I'm using a Cisco 2511 router and have directed all
web traffic to my proxy server running squid that
comes along RH Linux 7.2 The squid server is running
on a Dell Power Edge 2300 server with 512 Mb RAM.

I did the redirection from the router as specified in
the squid FAQ.

Everything seems to work. The problem is after few
hours browsing becomes slow and when i check my
bandwidth usage despite having 512kbps only around 250
is used. If I restart the server everything seems to
work fine for few more hours.

This redirection has been giving me problem and when i
disabled redirection the bandwidth shoots to around
480kbps.

Anybody else faced this problem ?? any solutions ??

kancha